Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Orchard Diary 2010: 5/31/2010 Drip irrigation system (Part 1)


First, my apologies for the poor camera work. I cracked the display on my camera and I'm never sure what I'm aiming it at... I deal with flood and drought in my small orchard, so I'm installing a small drip irrigation system to tend the trees with. I was bucket watering the trees, but that simply took too much time. I chose to raise the drip line off of the ground to make tending the trees easier. Each trees has a 1 gallon/hour emitter on either side of its trunk so ensure good watering, and to draw the roots out away from the trunk. I'm currently using a portable pump and a garden hose to supply each line individually, but I'll be adding a buried water line/manifold and 3/4 horsepower pump so that I can run all of the rows at the same time. The time I would have spent watering will now be used for checking and spraying the trees! Praying for peace on Memorial Day, 2010.

Stationary Bikes Buy Online Womens Harness Boots Order Now




0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links